Overlanding BC has a no tolerance spam policy to protect our members and other individuals who receive our messages. We only send commercial electronic messages (CEMs) from our servers in compliance with this Anti-spam Policy.
When does Overlanding BC send CEMs?
Overlanding BC only sends CEMs in the following contexts:
- You have explicitly informed us that you would like to receive such messages,
- Overlanding BC is engaged in a commercial activity with you, and the CEM consists solely of an inquiry or application related to that activity,
- Overlanding BC is providing a quote or estimate for the supply of a product or service if you requested the quote or estimate,
- The CEM facilitates, completes or confirms a commercial transaction that you previously agreed to enter into with Overlanding BC,
- The CEM provides warranty information, product recall information or safety or security information about a product or service that you use, have used or have purchased,
- The CEM provides notification of factual information about: (i) your ongoing use or ongoing purchase of a product or service offered with Overlanding BC, or (ii) your ongoing account with Overlanding BC.
- The CEM delivers a product or service, including product updates or upgrades,that you are entitled to receive under the terms of a transaction that you previously entered into with Overlanding BC.
- You have provided your email address to Overlanding BC, or have published your email address, without placing any restrictions on its use,
- You have an existing business relationship with Overlanding BC.
- Overlanding BC is otherwise permitted by law to do so, and believes the CEM is necessary or may be useful to you.
Opt-In and Unsubscribe
Opt-in email is an online marketing term for promotional email that recipients have previously requested by signing up via overlandingbc.ca, share applications or other paper forms. Ideally, web users are invited to sign up for promotional information about one or more product/service categories. Those who signed up have thus 'opted in'.
If at any instance you want to cease receiving CEMs from Overlanding BC, you may click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any CEM. When you unsubscribe using the links provided in our CEMs, your request will be processed as soon as possible, and no later than 10 business days after you send the request.